Sunday, February 28, 2010

Episode XII: The Benefit Concert

The last stage of the day was to get ON the stage. It was time to rock for charity, celebrate the record, and have some fun! I showed up at the Waiting Room with the Hawk tied back. Elliot and Katie were to put up the Mohawk later one more time for the show. There was already a good amount of people there when I showed up, and I was thankful to see that. The first band to go on was Cordial Spew. As usual, they tore it up. Their guitarist, Kevin McCLay, surprised the crowd when he took off his hat and announced that he had broken a record, too, for world’s smallest Mohawk! This was a shaved head, and a marker stripe down the middle of his head. I wish I had pictures of the other bands, but I did not think too get someone to take pics during the whole show. If anyone has any, please feel free to send me some.


Next to go on was Bloodcow. It was time for me to go to the back room and put up the Mohawk again, while Bloodcow rocked the place.

Then, it was time for my band, The Filthy Few. I had the Mohawk up, and my friend Conrad Hinz had painted purple flames onto it. It looked bad ass! I wish I had a pic of Conrad for ya, but alas, I do not. Here is the work he did, though. Thanks Conrad!


Then the Filthy Few hit the stage. I thanked everyone, and let Stephanie Murphy from Project Nightlights say a few words, and we went to work! The Mohawk stayed up for a couple songs, but then fell over from the strain of jamming.




 

 

At the end of the set, some of the Hot Tail Honeys and the crowd joined us on stage. Thanks to Sarah for these shots:
Here is a video of our song Opiodo, when everyone came on stage:


After the Filthy few, Live Wire and Somewhere between Heaven and Hell crushed the audience for the rest of the night.


Speaking of the Audience, I gotta say, they were great. I could feel the energy in the room, and it was fun and positive. Thank you to everyone who showed up.


Here are a few more random pics from that night:

After the show, I was exhausted! As the place was clearing out, I remember reflecting on the day’s events, and being thankful that it was such a success. There was only one more task to be done, before I could finally call it a day, and get some much needed sleep. It was one of the most difficult things I did all day…wash my hair! It was a long, painful process getting multiple cans of hairspray out of my hair. I was in the shower so long, I got too tired and had to quit, even though I still wasn’t done. I still had some crunching going on when I laid down to rest. It took a few more days worth of showers to finally get it all out, but it was definitely worth it!


So the deed was done. After months of preparation, ups and downs, doubts and re-assurances, I had broken the Guinness Book of World Records category for Tallest Mohican, and with the much needed help of many others, I made the biggest spectacle out of it that I could. Now , it was time to sit back and see what happens next, if anything, see what kind of reaction I get. I knew there was going to be some local news on the event, and I had a feeling it would go beyond that. So I gathered up my evidence for Guinness and sent it in, and watched, and waited. I did not know how far this thing would go, but I would soon find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment